Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25, 2017 - Hot time, Summer in the forest!

It's going to be hot at least until Sunday. Hot in the form of up to 33°C on Sunday.
Today I saw the temperature reach 28°C and even this morning around 10h it was even starting to get hot in Éléphant Nord.
I couldn't top anything but worked out the first moves of "Fat Teddy's Drop".

In the afternoon it was way too hot to climb, so I met up with Bram (Honorez), his girlfriend Ruuth, Jan (de Smit), his girlfriend Nataleigh, and Thierry (Hardy) for a short swim in the river in Grez-sur-Loing.
The river is still very cold this time of the year and we didn't do very much swimming, but most of us did get wet. My hair was even wet.
The others decided to go to the shady area Mare aux Corneilles and I went home to light up the BBQ and eat with the family.

It was still hot when we were finished eating, but I had a boulder in mind that was definitely going to well in the shade. "Abriroc" in Bois des Hauts de Milly.

I had tried "Abriroc (gauche)" already a couple of times, but never could get past the first two moves.
It seemed that I had always trying it with wrong beta, because after I changed it a bit, I was able to struggle my way to the top.
I found this quite hard for the grade. It felt more like a solid 7A+, or maybe it was because of the heat?

Fontainebleau - Bois des Hauts de Milly - Abriroc (gauche) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment