Tuesday, April 11, 2017

April 11, 2017 - Sending train.

After work, I had agreed to meet up with Tim (Collier), his brother Niels and his girlfriend Saren.
I didn't have that much time so the the "Rudeboy" boulder was the place we were going to meet.
Tim could try "Rudeboy" and I had planned to try the last and hardest problem that I still had to do on that boulder,  the 7B+(7B) "Sens Dessus Dessous".

Of course I had already inspected the problem, but I deemed it to be too hard and never took the time to try it. Besides, there were still other problems to finish off on that boulder so my choice was always quickly made.
However, now that it was the last one, I didn't really have a choice, but that didn't bother me. At least I didn't have an excuse not to try it.

After Tim finished off the 7A "Rudeboy" on his second attempt and the 6C "Duel dans la Lune" on his first, the mood for sending was set.
I was surprised that I could all the moves quite fast and even do the problem in two overlapping parts.
The 'sending train' was on its way, I felt it.

A handful of tries with some minutes of rest in between, I fought hard, had a slight struggle, almost fell off the crux move, but managed to push through and make my way to the top.
My heart was pounding in my throat and I had to catch my breath. It was physically hard, but the relief was big.
The 'sending train' had come our way and I was allowed to jump on it too.

Great physical compression problem!!

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Sens Dessus Dessous 7B+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment