Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017 - Bellevue.

The recently published topo of the new area Cuvier Bellevue is being updated with new problems almost daily since last week, so it's always worth a visit.
It's barely a detour to drive via Barbizon when coming back from work and as it's (depending on where you park) only five minutes walking, I stopped to have a look at "Kalashnikov", a new 7B dyno on a small boulder, opened by Marc Lehner.

On my way to the boulder, I bumped in Jean-Claude (Valluet), one of the main openers of the area, and ever present with his steel brush. Ready to brush even more boulders.
When you think of it, it's actually amazing how many times we are climbing on boulders that he brushed and cleaned, but rarely takes the credit for it.

Anyway, "Kalashnikov" is indeed a very low boulder and only consists of two moves.
The first one is reaching for a crimp, comparable to the one from "Symbiose" in 95.2, left hand, out of which you have to make a big dyno diagonally backwards to a flat edge, not a jug.

It is quite my style and it didn't give me too much problems.
Hard to grade such problems, but for a 7B it felt a bit soft.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Kalashnikov 7B




Directly across "Kalashnikov", Marc also opened "Kaskouiak" a small 7A+ wall with crimps.
I still had some time left so I moved the crashpad two meters further.
The starting position was a bit strange, but as soon as my ass lifted off the ground, I couldn't be stopped and topped out on my first attempt.
Maybe Marc opened this at the end of his climbing, being tired, because this felt really soft for the grade.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Kaskouiak 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment