Friday, April 7, 2017

April 07, 2017 - Sunblast indeed!

It was really warm and sunny when I left work this afternoon so on my way home, I stopped at Franchard Isatis.
I forgot however, that it's Easter holiday and the area was crowded.
After a desperate quick walk around I left again.

Going to 95.2 would seem foolish on such a crowded day, but Jan (Gorrebeeck) told me last Sunday about a new problem he opened the day before on the backside of the boulder of "Ex-Traction", a bit underneath "Tentation".
I had a look at the problem that day, but it was right after trying and doing "Pierre Précieuse", in which I had lost so much skin that I didn't feel like using the bad slopers on the arete of "Sunblast", the name under which it got published on bleau.info yesterday.
Even though it is located at a mere 30m from "Tentation", the boulder goes unnoticed and most people don't know it or bother to have a look.
I was confident confident that the spot would be quiet, even on a day like this.

When I arrived at "Sunblast", it was a sunblast indeed.
The worst slopers on the arete were full in the sun and felt warm.
My first tries were worthless and a moment I even thought I would have to give up on it due to the warmth.
The bad warm sloper after the first move felt impossible to hold.
Swinging my towel to cool the slopers down helped only a bit, but it was just enough to hang on long enough and do the next move.

Soon after I stood on top of the boulder.
Very nice find from Jan!

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Sunblast 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment