Thursday, February 25, 2016

February 25, 2016 - Disconnection.

The office has moved to a different location last weekend, therefore I was working on Sunday and had some really busy days with the aftercare this week.
Things are getting in place now, I'm tired and needed a quick climb to disconnect from work. The working days have been long but today I stopped on time.

There have been quite some new openings in Gorge aux Châts a few months ago, but they were only published yesterday.
I knew about most of them for a while now. One of them was "COP 21" and even though I knew which the others were, I never tried them because I didn't know how they exactly started or finished.
With the publication, there is now a description available.

I was limited in time, but it was OK. If only I could just touch some rock and hopefully top something out.
That's why I went for what seemed for me the easiest one, the quick win. The one that would disconnect me from the week.
As soon as I started, I felt the disconnection coming and all that remained was me, the boulder and the environment. It felt peaceful,  and I felt  as one.

"La Fissure en Chantier (direct)" is opened as a 7A. It felt quite easy, but I think that my drive to climb helped a lot.
When walking back to the car, I was still thinking about work, but I had my disconnection, I felt relieved from it all.

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts Sud - La Fissure en Chantier (direct) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment