Tuesday, February 16, 2016

February 16, 2016 - Earned some money.

When going home from work, I can take several routes. Whatever route I take, it always takes me along some different climbing areas.
Today I took the route that passes Rocher de la Salamandre Est.
Just recently there have been some variations opened of "La Biosarde". One of them is "Biodiversité".
It starts the same way as "La Biosarde" but takes a slightly easier more direct exit.
Having done "La Biosarde" already a while ago, I only had to work out the last 2 moves, making it a quick stop on the way home.
It didn't take me a lot of time to do it, but I did have to pull hard to reach the pretty far left sloper. On the edge of being morpho, but good footwork does the trick.
Opened as a 7A(7A+), I think 7A will do.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre Est - Biodiversité 7A(7A+)




As it went all so fast, I still had some time left and quickly went over my options.
I could stay in the area, or move to one closer to home.
I decided to go closer home and stopped at Gorge aux Châts. 
For a while now I have been waiting to try "Un Franc du Kilomètre". I wanted to see how my continuity had evolved.
I tried it once a couple of years ago, but I quickly gave up because it's so long, so many moves, and it made me too tired too quick.
As expected, I was able to finish it, but honestly, I was exhausted! It's really easy, has very positive holds, even jugs mostly, but it's so long. It must have been the most desperate, unethical ascent of it ever.
I'm glad to be able to tick this off.
Length climbers probably do this with 2 fingers in their nose. 
"Un Franc du Kilomètre" ... I feel like I have made a fortune today!

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - Un Franc du Kilomètre 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment