Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 11, 2016 - Let the beast go.

It was a hectic day today, moving a live production server from one site to another, trying to keep the downtime within the proposed time limits. Considering there's about 100 km between the 2 sites makes it a stressful operation.
I was glad we were able to finish just on time, leaving me with about 20 minutes of spare time to stop at Franchard Isatis on the way home.

I wasn't angry, but I felt agitated and really needed to unleash the fury. I really had to climb something to let the restless energy out of me, to let go some steam!
Franchard Isatis is one of the busiest areas of the forest, but not on a regular Thursday evening. It was deserted and being out there alone, left me with a great variety of choice about what to climb.
It was difficult to choose and eager as I was, I nervously failed in the first things I tried. I had to calm down if I wanted to succeed.

After taking a couple of deep breaths, I attacked "Furyax". It's a straight up climb using a crack with slopers.
I can't remember when, but I had tried it once many years ago. I remembered not being able to get up from the sitstart.
This time was different. I unleashed the fury, or as a famous Belgian ex-politician would say, I "let the beast go!".
I felt relieved and satisfied standing on top of "Furyax". It looks so easy, but in reality it's harder than it looks!

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - Furyax 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment