Friday, September 13, 2024

September 13, 2024 - Long time classic.

I had taken the day off today and climbing wise, as a regular week day can be enjoyable in Cuvier, I had set my main goal to the ultra classic "Le Biceps Mou". Indeed, after all this time, I had never done this must-do classic. Mainly because it's too mostly too crowded and a the few times that I did see a chance to briefly try it, I always gave up quickly because it felt like I was going to rip my finger off at the start. A few days ago though, I had seen a few videos with a start that avoids the painful mono, so I was determined to go for it this time.
My oldest son Anthony had joined me and I politely suggested him to climb some circuit problems while I was trying "Le Biceps Mou", someone watching me and seemingly waiting for me to finish it, puts too much pressure on me and affects my focus.
Barely fifteen minutes later, I made my way up to the top, glad having finished this classic.

Fontainebleau - Bas Cuvier - Le Biceps Mou 7B



I then joined Anthony, doing some blues and reds until the the place was starting to become crowded. Seeking some solitude, we walked over to the "Makhno" boulder in Cuvier Nord. There are so many lines on this boulder and it seems like there will always one that I haven't done yet. This time, I focused on "Dolus", which I did relatively quick. A nice bonus to my main goal of the day.
Even though Anthony was waiting, I felt no pressure because he had phone coverage there, so he could distract himself while waiting for me to finish.
The session ended with both being eye in eye with the most beautiful deer that I had ever seen in the forest. I always feel privileged seeing deer, and this one was a real treat. 

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Nord - Dolus 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment