Sunday, September 8, 2024

September 08, 2024 - Detox.

This morning when I got out of bed, I could immediately feel that wasn't feeling great. The season change that seems to be early this year made my body start it's seasonal detox. I am of the opinion that what most perceive as a cold or even flu, is just the body detoxing the previous season. At least it's a more positive approach to understanding how I feel and why.
No use to try any hard projects, so I scrolled through my 'wantlist' and decided to go to Rocher de la Salamandre Est to try "Bio-Nique". The fact that I know it to be a quick drying area helped with that decision.
There was a mild wind with some harder gusts and the friction on the boulder felt really good. After a short warmup and a first attempt with a foot slip that made me fail, I did it quite easily on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre Est - Bio-Nique 7B



Looking for something else not too hard, and not being able to figure out the sitstart of "La Loi de Murphy", I contented myself with the standing start that went on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Salamandre Est - La Loi de Murphy 6C+(7A)



On the way back home, I stopped at Rocher de Cailleau, remembering that a new fun looking boulder was published recently. "Sit on That Thang". With all my respect to the opener, a contender for the being in the top ten of boulders with a stupid name. But then again, what's in a name, as long as the climb is good.
Without too much effort, but almost slipping off a few times, I did manage to send it on my first attempt. The climb made up for the name.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Sit on That Thang 7A(7A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment