Sunday, October 1, 2023

September 30, 2023 - Aragorn.

Due to other important matters, I couldn't find the time to write a a blog post yesterday, so here it goes today.
Last week, after I did "Hobby (accroupi)", I tried the isolated "Aragorn" and was able to do all the moves except for the second one. The first few moves require constant body tension and even though I knew that I would be able to do it, I didn't have enough energy left then. "Aragorn" kept spinning in my mind the whole week and I was determined to go back on Saturday, yesterday.
I was early, so it was still nice and fresh when I started warming up and I immediately felt the difference in friction on the bad slopers. My main focus after warming up went of course to the second move, but I was struggling and became frustrated with the small ledge used for the heels. After a while though, I decided to put on a pair of older shoes that I always carry with me and surprisingly, I stuck the second move with them. Somehow, I was able to keep the heelhooks much better with the old pair. I knew that I had a chance now and was able to send it immediately after. 
The boulder of "Aragorn" doesn't look like much, but the problem is so much nicer than the initial impression.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Aragorn 7C(7B+)

4 comments:

  1. Hello Filip, I would like to try this Boulder the next Time visiting Font but I can’t find it! Is there a Chance to tell the position or the way? Thx Lukas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lukas,
      I admit that I also had to look for bit the first time.
      From the small elephant shaped boulder (I hope you know which one I mean) along a blue path, keep following the blue path for about 100m (slightly uphill, not steep), while keeping an eye out for a quite obvious path that goes to the right (pay attention to it, it's still before a small chaos of boulders further up the hill on the right), towards a small valley. Follow that path for about another 100m until you see a bigger boulder on the right of the path, about 50m or so from the path (a bit up the slope). That is the boulder with "Rampage" (make sure you have the picture loaded on your phone for easier recognizing. Walk to that boulder and pass it to continue uphill (it becomes quite steep then). You will pass several smaller boulders but should soon notice the boulder with "Paradise Lost" (again, try to keep a picture at hand for easier recognizing). "Aragorn" is 20m behind (above) "Paradise Lost", close to the top of the hill.
      Keep in mind that "Aragorn" is a quite low boulder and partly buried (on the backside).
      It's not very hard to find, as long as you know that it's about 50m uphill from "Rampage", which is quite easy to find.

      Delete
  2. Hi Filip, thank you so much for the description! I was totally wrong the last time looking for Aragorn! Yes I know the elephant shaped Boulder! It should be near Oliphant when I remember correctly! Thank you also for all the Videos and the beta! Lukas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha fille, de eerste blog en filmke van u dat ik terug zie sinds een jaar of 5 ofzo… kweni waarom het ineens op mijn tijdlijn komt. Mss omdat ik terug wat meer aant klimmen ben (niet alleen volgens de cookies). Wel tof om horen opt einde dat ge nog Nederlands kunt 😁

    ReplyDelete