Sunday, September 24, 2023

September 24, 2023 - It's a hobby.

Bouldering is my hobby, and that's exactly what I went to do in Apremont Brûlis where I wanted to try "Hobby (assis)", or rather "Hobby (accroupi)", the crouching start. After I had done the standing start in March 2018, I did briefly try the sitstart, but as it is physically impossible for me or my arm span to start the way as was described, I gave up after at most ten minutes, realizing that it was just too morpho. Obviously I am not the only one with that problem and it was after I saw a video of Manuel (Marquès) doing a semi-sit/crouching start, that I decided to go back for it.
I warmed up by repeating the standing start, which didn't go as quick as I thought, but at least it served as a good warmup and it gave me back the muscle memory for in case I would come from the crouching start.
The crouching start is still only just within my reach, so I can imagine that for smaller climbers, unfortunately even that one will be nearly impossible. I love my hobby and I really liked this problem a lot.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Brûlis - Hobby (accroupi) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment