Saturday, April 29, 2023

April 29, 2023 - Got up.

I left home with one main goal, "Get on Up" in Cassepot Roches Oranges. I had tried "Get on Up" only once in 2017 after I did "Opportunity (direct)" on the same boulder, but it was a bit out of my league back then. The problem had never left my mind and I was determined to go back one day and dedicate some real time on it, that day being today.
I warmed up by working out the moves separately and finding a working sequence for the topout, which turns out to be the crux, at least for me. I was happily surprised when the separate moves went much better than anticipated and with only one crashpad, I did some separate links until I had the first moves dialed without making mistakes. It gave me the confidence to move the crashpad under the topout and doing some real attempts. I quickly made it to the last moves, but my fingers had become a bit sweaty and it was hard to keep enough friction for the slopey topout. After applying some Crystal chalk from Chalk Rebels which dried my hands really well, I was able to keep the friction and worked my way to the top. I have to admit that I was really close to slipping off any moment, but I fought back and got on up.

Fontainebleau - Cassepot Roches Oranges - Get on Up 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment