Saturday, April 1, 2023

April 01, 2023 - No kidding.

I had my son drive me to Larchant early afternoon as it seemed like the best chance for dry weather and I figured that "Mégalodon", out in the open spot of the small Mont Blanc Est area, would be dry quickly, especially with the quite hard blowing wind.
I think it was my fifth or sixth session on it today, spread over about two years, and when I started trying, I figured it would nit be the last one neither. It was difficult to find the required friction to hold on the very bad slopey high crimp for the left hand and it took a while before I could actually do something with it. Nonetheless, I didn't even come close to doing the next move. I analyzed what I could do better and as I wasn't kidding myself with possibly doing the problem today, I was climbing relaxed and didn't feel any pressure. It seemed to be an undeliberate good approach, because after some time, I suddenly came really close to the top and decided to turn on the camera. Despite feeling very confident all of a sudden, I didn't let the sending stress take over and started with the same attitude. It was a flow and I made it look easy when I topped out. Just in time, at the start of a rain shower.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc Est - Mégalodon 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment