Sunday, April 23, 2023

April 23, 2023 - Forest works.

I was in Belgium this weekend to visit family and didn't seem to have missed much concerning weather in the forest. We left on Saturday morning, in the heavy rain, and when we arrived back home this afternoon, the pools of water on the streets revealed that today was not much better than yesterday. There was quite some wind though and despite feeling very tired, I went to the forest to get some air, and hopefully climb something that had dried in the wind.
I didn't have to go go far and look for a long time, because to my surprise, most of the boulders at the base of the hill of Roche aux Oiseaux were dry. 
I decided to try the quite new "Travaux Forestiers", originally opened with a sitstart on a stone. My skin still hurt from trying "Neverland" on Friday, but nevertheless, I was able to finish "Travaux Forestiers" quite fast. In my humble opinion, it just didn't feel hard enough for the grade, and it felt closer to 6C+.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Travaux Forestiers 7A(6C+)



I added an extra move by starting with a sitstart from the ground, to the left of the stone, making it feel closer to 7A.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Travaux Forestiers (du sol) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment