Friday, April 21, 2023

April 21, 2023 - Never say never.

It was a very busy week at work with a couple of long days and I almost couldn't have chosen a better time to take the day off today. I needed to get some of the work stress out of system and the best way I know to do so, is to go for a climb in the forest. Being a Friday, I decided to go to Cuvier as I was quite eager to finally try "Neverland", which has been on my list for a long time, but I had never taken the time to actually try it.
It was still early when I arrived, and the parking was nearly empty, but I wasn't alone at the boulder of "L'Aérodynamite", on which I wanted to warm up in the relatively new "Aérophiles". Same start as "Aéroheart", but with an direct exit, or slightly left, depending on how you look at it. It was a much longer warmup than I had bargained for, and after having lost already quite some skin, I did end up topping it out. A very nice addition on that popular boulder.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Aérophiles 7B+(7B)



I started trying "Neverland" without expectations, especially with already worn out skin, but after a few hours on it, I did manage to do all the moves, do the whole problem in two overlapping parts and make some very good attempts from the start. Despite not having done it, I felt very satisfied with what I had achieved on "Neverland", especially for a first session. I definitely know that I can do the whole thing, it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment