Saturday, March 25, 2023

March 25, 2023 - Highly flammable.

A lot of rain until late yesterday evening, but also a lot of wind and when I saw that my sandstone terrace started to dry this morning, I took my chances and drove to Barbizon. I had spent a couple of hours trying "Combustion" in Apremont Envers last week, but by the time I had found a good method, I was out of energy and I didn't have much skin left. I went back to "Combustion" this morning with high hopes of doing it, but also with some fear about possibly bad conditions. I was glad to discover that my fear was unnecessary because the boulder was dry and the conditions even felt pretty good, even better than last week.
It was a good thing that I had taken two crashpads, because I made a few bad falls when slipping out of the crux move unexpectedly. Nevertheless, I also managed to fall right next to it and somehow lost a big piece of skin off my thumb, with a pretty deep cut in it. It was hard to understand how that could have happened during the fall, because I didn't use my thumb during the climb in such a way to make it loose so much skin and make that cut. I figured that it must have been due to a piece of glass, something that unfortunately can be found way too often in the forest. My thumb felt numb for a while and it wouldn't stop bleeding, but as I was close now, I was eager to continue my attempts. I fixed some tape tightly around my thumb to limit the bleeding as much as possible and was able to top out "Combustion" not very long after. Nowhere too soon, because the tape started to be drenched with blood.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Envers - Combustion 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment