Sunday, February 19, 2023

February 19, 2023 - Mr. Cab Driver.

Yesterday afternoon my oldest son received the last of his mandatory driving lessons and now has to drive under my surveillance for the next two or three months. During that period, whenever he's at home, I told him to drive me everywhere that I need or want to go, something that he gladly accepted. It started this morning, when I told him to drive to Franchard because I wanted to go there for a climb. Of course, this meant that he had to wait for me to finish my session as he is not allowed to drive alone yet, but he didn't mind.
We walked to Franchard Hauts Sablons, where I easily flashed "Toutes des Précieuses" on my warm up attempt. This felt like a soft 7A+ at the very most, but it's a fun problem, climbing those strange features of that beautiful boulder.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - Toutes des Précieuses 7B(7A+)



The main reason why I wanted to go there, was to try "Porte à Gauche" again, on the same boulder. I had already spent a few sessions, but somehow never found a good method to come out of the roof. This time, it seemed like I wasn't going to do any better at first, but I made persistency count and ended up topping out, thanks to a change in a minor detail. Thanks to small detail, I even managed to do repeat immediately for a different camera angle. Nevertheless, this very nice problem felt quite hard in my opinion and nothing compared the previous, difficulty wise. Can very well 7B+ this one.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - Porte à Gauche 7B(7B+)



Making a very long detour on the way back, Anthony drove us home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment