Saturday, February 18, 2023

February 18, 2023 - Vandalized skin.

Last Sunday, Pieter and I went to Rocher Cailleau to have some fun on the boulder "Vandale". Pieter tried "Vandale", while I was going for "Vandale (direct)". We were both quite quickly able to their respective standing starts, but Pieter still had to work out the hardest move, being the first one, and even though I needed some time to get acquainted with it again, I did manage, but fell off the last move two times. We had done good, but when we went into reserve energy after a while, we both realized that it would be require another session.
I was able to stop work a little earlier, but was greatly disappointed to find the roof and the starting pocket in it, soaking wet due to condensation. I did however, do the standing start again, just to keep the muscle memory trained. This morning, I went back, feared and prepared for the worst, but to my pleasant surprise it had already dried up. I did the standing start of "Vandale (direct)" on my first attempt as a warmup, which gave my confidence a boost. It still took quite a few attempts to come from the sitstart, but after a longer break, I managed to top out. Just in time, because the skin on my fingers was starting to get heavily vandalized.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Vandale (direct) 7C+

No comments:

Post a Comment