Saturday, February 4, 2023

February 04, 2023 - Ruined.

It was a big disappointment to see that it was wet this morning due to some totally unexpected rainfall during the night. The sky was covered with grey clouds and with hardly any wind, it didn't seem that it would be dry soon. It was only in the early afternoon that it started to look more dry and as I had planned to go to Eléphant Nord, I left for that area against my better judgement. It was clearly the wrong choice, because everything that I had hoped to dry was still too humid to climb on. I feared that my chance of climbing was ruined but I changed plans and decided to drive to the nearby tiny area of Les Pentes du Marchais. Only boulder of interest there, but I figured that there wouldn't be a big chance to try and climb a lot. Besides, as I hadn't been there before, at least I would know where it for a next time if the boulder that I wanted to try turned out to be wet as well. I was lucky this time though, because "La Ruine" was dry and I could at last start climbing.
It was nice to be all alone out there and I took my time to try, and I had to try a lot. I have long arms, but having longer legs would definietly help with "La Ruine". At times, I really thought that it was way too morpho and simply not possible for my height. Perseverance helped and many attempts later, I finally got to climb to the top. Despite the morpho aspect, a really nice technical problem.
I tried the sitstart also a couple of times and was able to get past the standing start, but my skin was ruined, and the vertical crimp right hand had opened the cut in my right index finger again. The cut from last week didn't have the time to heal completely and the many attempts for the standing start had already taken their toll. It was okay though, it's a quiet place where I don't mind going back to another time.

Fontainebleau - Les Pentes du Marchais - La Ruine 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment