Sunday, February 5, 2023

February 05, 2023 - Out of the box.

It drizzled until late yesterday evening, but this morning the sun was out and it looked very promising. Staying on the safe side, I decided to drive to the mostly quick drying area of Rocher de la Reine. Manuel (Marquès) had opened some new problems there lately and it was a good occasion to some of them out. By the time I had arrived, the sky had turned grey again and the clouds looked like they drop rain any moment.
I took the time to work out the moves of "Les Grands en Boîte" but right after I had figured them all out and even did the topout on slopers cleanly, there was a mild drizzle again. The holds under the overhang didn't get wet and the marbled arete and crimps in the face were easy to keep dry with the help of a towel. It took a few attempts to link everything together and when I finally got the top slopers, I learned that they had become wet and had quite a struggle to get myself up. A couple of times, when I wanted to pull myself up, my right hand slipped and my body was lowered again with each slip of the hand. I didn't want to let go anymore and leaving aesthetics way behind me, I made it to the top.
I figured that there was no point in even trying something else after that.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Reine - Les Grands en Boîte 7A+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment