Monday, December 26, 2022

December 26, 2022 - Didn't see that one coming.

Even though it had rained a bit during the night, the situation didn't look hopeless this morning. There was a mild wind and depending on the choice of area to go for a climb, one could potentially be lucky. My choice for Petit Rempart and the far end of Cuvier Rempart seemed to be a good one. Dry boulders with quite good conditions.
After having tried a few other problems, I ended up at the "Vu" boulder, on which I wanted to try "J'avais pas Vu", with a hard exit on very bad slopers. The conditions were in favor and I quickly made good progression, but I had quite some difficulty to do the far move left hand near the end. Climbing on such bad slopers and requiring a lot of body tension, I felt I was approaching my energy reserves after a while and even though I had been able to do all the moves, including the topout, I was starting to doubt that I would be able to send it today. 
After a short break and some persistence, I squeezed everything out, and made my way to the top. It was close to failing, as it felt like I could come out any moment near the end, but I didn't want to let go anymore and struggled my way up.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Rempart - J'avais pas Vu 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment