Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 07, 2022 - And there was light.

Last Sunday it remained wet all day, so I continued the work in my barn. I managed to remove the old wooden door in front of the high window. I also put in the plexiglass and filled up the open edges with isolation foam. I was amazed by the amount of daylight that is now able to light up the barn. I don't even have to put the light on anymore during the day. I still have to do some finishing touches, but that will be for the upcoming weekend.


Finally, some natural light in my barn.

Speaking of light, there wasn't very much of it today. A thick fog covered the whole region and I had to carefully choose where to try my chances for a possible climb. It turned that I had made a good choice to go to "La Fosse aux Oreilles" in Drei Zinnen. Even there in the area, it looked like it was the only boulder that was dry enough to climb.
I had tried it very briefly long ago but couldn't even get out of the small cave as I didn't think of the kneebar possibility. After seeing a video of it, I now knew about the kneebar and started working out the moves. I had only brought one crashpad though and made quite a bad fall onto the rock below when trying the moves higher up. It was only then that I wisely decided to go back to the car to get a second crashpad. Protected by both crashpads, I felt much more relaxed while climbing and quickly found a method for the upper part as well. The send followed pretty soon after.
On my way back home, I still had a walk through the Gorge aux Châts area, but there was nothing of interest that was dry enough to climb.

Fontainebleau - Drei Zinnen - La Fosse aux Oreilles 7B+(7B)

No comments:

Post a Comment