Saturday, March 26, 2022

March 26, 2022 - North West.

No, the title of this post doesn't refer to Kanye West's daughter, as I believe she was named as such, but who really cares about that anyway? It simply tells something about the areas that I set foot in today, being Éléphant Nord and Éléphant Ouest.
I had to work a few hours this morning, so it was later than usual that I was able to leave for climbing. The temperature was already rising, but there was a nice breeze. Nevertheless, as the skin on my fingers felt really bad, I didn't expect much but decided to go have a look at "Ill Niño" in Éléphant Nord. I didn't expect to top it out at all, which I didn't, but had a good short session working on it. I actually was able to do the first half and touch the high sloper a few times, but my skin was so wrecked that it felt like my hands were burning after a while. I didn't mind it that much, because to be honest, what I had done was already way beyond my expectations. New project on my list.
Walking back down the hill, I passed by "Nutty Nat" and as it was nicely in the shade, decided to give it a few tries. It turned out to be a quick done deal.

Fontainebleau - Éléphant Nord - Nutty Nat 7B



At that point, it started to become pretty crowded for the area, and it somehow felt like an American invasion. Nothing against Americans, far from it, but to say it mildly, they could be heard pretty well. I fled the area, walked around the hill of Éléphant and ended up in Éléphant Ouest where I decided to spend the last moments of my session trying the beautiful "Comme il vous Plaira". As the boulder is situated low on the North side of a hill and the problem being on the North face of the boulder, I had never seen this problem completely dry the few times that I passed by it.
I already felt quite tired, so I took my time to work out the moves of the first part before making any real attempts. The process took me longer than expected, probably because of my burning skin, but when I felt ready, I luckily didn't need another attempt to make it to the top. I felt quite pumped for some reason.

Fontainebleau - Éléphant Ouest - Comme il vous Plaira 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment