Wednesday, March 23, 2022

March 23, 2022 - Horse steak.

Jan apparently had a good but exhausting and skin wrecking session yesterday, working in "Papillon", so he left the choice for climbing up to me. I chose "Deus Ex Machina" in Rocher Saint-Germain Ouest, because it's one of those boulders that I wanted to try for a long time already, but never dared to try it alone.
Jan and Gina were running late this morning, and wrote that I could already go to "Deus Ex Machina" where they would join me soon. I'm not exactly sure, but it could have been just the thought that they would join me any moment that made me already step in and actually try the first couple of moves. I wasn't able to reach the high sloper, but when I landed quite safely back on the ground, it gave me confidence. Barely ten minutes later, I topped out the beautiful "Deus Ex Machina", just before the arrival of Jan and Gina.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Ouest - Deus Ex Machina 7B



I also wanted to try "Manta", a new problem on a boulder just above "Deus Ex Machina", but for some reason decided not to in the end. Jan and Gina had arrived in the meantime and the fact that they arrived without crashpad and climbing gear, made me realize that Jan was really tired after two and a half weeks almost non stop climbing. They were having a rest day, so I really appreciated that they joined me after all, just to spot me and keep me some company. Thanks for that Jan and Gina, the gesture and the company was much appreciated.
Jan advised me to do "Out Système", another boulder that I never tried before. I had seen it already a few years ago, but I think it was in bad conditions, or maybe looked to exposed at that time.
There are two possible exits of this problem and I started with the exit exit on the right, and did it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Ouest - Out Système (droite) 7A



The left exit followed immediately. 
For some reason that I can't remember, we had been talking about horsemeat and horse steak and I only realized when editing the movie that Jan said something like 'Now you may go home and bake your horse steak' when I topped out "Out Système". 

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Ouest - Out Système 7A(7A+)



I didn't go home yet, but spent a short time trying "Si t'es Petit, Sois Technique (assis)" on the top of the hill near the parking. I came very close, but as the boulder was full on in the sun, it was starting to get too warm. I don't mind coming back for this one some other day.
It was a funny coincidence to see a horse steak defrosting on the kitchen counter when I arrived back home. We had horse steak for dinner this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment