Sunday, March 20, 2022

March 20, 2022 - A bunch without Brady.

It was a good weekend for climbing and with Bram (Van Geert) and Tom visiting Jan (Gorrebeeck) and Gina, we were a small bunch.
Yesterday we met up to climb in Apremont Fond des Gorges. While the others were warming up in Apremont Est, I started in "Saïgon". I had already done the standing start of this beauty back in May 2019, and wanted to go try its sitstart this time. I was able to repeat the standing start on my third or fourth attempt this time, and as soon as I managed to do all the moves from the sitstart into the stand, I thought it wouldn't be long before I would be able to link it all together. Many times I was able to get well beyond the standing start when coming from the sit, but always seemed to mess up the sequence that I had done just moments earlier. Hours later, I had to throw in the towel, but with the progression that I had made, I felt satisfied after all.

This morning, I woke up with soar muscles and sweaty hands due to loss of skin. Nevertheless, I proposed Jan to show him around in Justice de Noisy. I left home with my main goal being "Les Experts de la Grimpe", the last 7B+ of the area that I still had to do, but one that is mostly wet or the bad slopers near the top being too humid.
I arrived before the others and started with rebrushing most of this quite unpopular boulder. The almost constant humidity on this boulder made it ideal for the moss to grow back quickly. Luckily, this time was it was dry enough and just before the arrival of the others, I managed to climb it.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Les Experts de la Grimpe 7B+(7B)



I watched Bram and Jan climb the beautiful "Le Poli Soir" and used the occasion to take a short break and catch my breath. Soon after I got away with the very short slopey traverse of "Électro Hyper Sensible" on my second attempt. I could have flashed it, but I had jumped off before topping out because I hadn't started recording it. Who really cares about a flash anyway, I know for sure that I don't.

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Électro Hyper Sensible 7B(7A+)



Bram, Tom and also Jan climbed "Petit Scarabée", but as I had already done this almost a year ago, I decided to go for "Les Experts de la Grimpe (droite)". 

Fontainebleau - Justice de Noisy - Les Experts de la Grimpe (droite) 6C+(7A)



As a bunch, we then still had fun trying "Dure Limite", but having done this one also not very long ago, I didn't push myself too much and left it for the others to continue trying. I watched how they made progress, but didn't wait for anyone to top it, before going back home. I don't know if anyone finished it, but I will probably hear that from Jan this upcoming Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment