Wednesday, December 8, 2021

December 08, 2021 - Chance of the week.

After a wet rainy weekend and a weather forecast that predicted only rain for this week, I was delighted to see that Wednesday was going to be dry and had the chance to take the day off. It looked like it was going to be the only, and thus the best, chance of the week for some possibility to climb.
This morning, the sun was shining and there was a lot of wind during the night, so it was promising. The streets were still quite wet though and while walking towards the Rocher Saint-Germain area, a lot of boulders looked quite dark, which is a plausible sign of humidity.
Some parts of the area take a lot of wind though, and fortunately so is the sector where "Y'a pas de P qui Compte", my main goal for the day, is located. I could see it already from far when I was approaching the boulder, it looked dry and even in quite good conditions.

I warmed up with "Affirmatif", that I was able to do on my second attempt. The friction on the boulder was very good and I looked forward to try "Y'a pas de P qui Compte", on the same boulder.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Affirmatif 7A(6C+)



Even though I stood already many times before the line where "Y'a pas de P qui Compte" was supposed to be going, but the information about the boulder was scarce at that time and I never got to the point of trying it, not even knowing where and how to start. That seemed to have changed since a number of climbers have repeated the problem now and there are even several videos showing different methods and exits. I decided to go for the original direct exit and started working out the moves.
It wasn't without a fight, but in the end I did manage to work up my way on my main goal of the day.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Y'a pas de P qui Compte 7B+



I tried a few other problems, but only got away with the relatively new "Metafort".
The front side of this line was in pristine conditions, but the top of the backside that I needed to top out was humid and slippery, probably making it slightly harder than I had imagined.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Metafort 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment