Wednesday, December 22, 2021

December 22, 2021 - Slapped.

Having the day off work today, I had been keeping on eye on the weather forecast for several days and it looked perfect. Temperature well below freezing during the night and at most 3°C during the day. On top of that, there was a light wind from the East and the air humidity was pretty low. Perfect ingredients for pristine conditions and sticky slopers. I was psyched to see that the forecast didn't change by today. The only difference being that the temperature didn't come above 1°C, but that was only beneficial.
Given the conditions, I looked for a hard boulder with bad slopers and my attention was drawn to "Des Claques" in Les Béorlots. I had tried it very briefly a long while ago, but didn't put much effort into it as the very bad slopers required better conditions.
This morning, it was all good, at least as good as I had hoped for, but the slopers of "Des Claques" looked much harder than I remembered. When I started trying the separate moves, it was as if I got slapped, and it felt like I was most likely going back home empty handed, but the more my the skin of my hands was warming up and the more my whole body woke up, the better the friction was and the moves started to feel possible. It didn't take very long until I had found a method for each move and as soon as I had done all of them except one, separately, I turned on the camera. I knew that this was an exhausting problem, and didn't want to risk interrupting any possible good attempts just because the camera wasn't rolling yet.
Even though I didn't feel completely comfortable on every move, my first attempt after I started recording was almost perfect. Good enough to make my way to the top of this beauty.

Fontainebleau - Les Béorlots - Des Claques 7C(7C+)



I moved to the boulder of "Mickey Mouse" in Les Béorlots Ouest, I would have liked to try "The Others", but unfortunately, the exit needs some thorough rebrushing. Being one of the few spots in the area where I have internet reception, I quickly browsed bleau.info for an alternative and decided to go try "Misty" instead.
It's a slow drying boulder, but in the current conditions it was pretty good. Good enough for being able to tick this one off too. Not as beautiful as what I had done moments before, but very nice indeed.

Fontainebleau - Les Béorlots Ouest - Misty 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment