Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11, 2021 - Mowgli is my friend.

The weather forecast turned to the positive side just before the weekend, and instead of rain, it turned out to be a beautiful day after all.
It was difficult to decide where to go, but when stumbled upon "Mowgli" while browsing bleau.info yesterday evening, I was eager to go to Maunoury.
It was crisp cold when I arrived at the boulder and it reminded me of a few years ago, the day that I did "Bagheera". "Mowgli" has a slightly easier sitstart than "Bagheera", but shares the same exit, so I was pretty confident.
I worked out the moves and was able to top "Mowgli" on my second attempt after turning on the camera.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Mowgli 7B+



Later, I ended up at the very end of the area, where the conditions were unfortunately far from as good as on "Mowgli", but I decided to try "Envole-toi Éric" anyway. A very nice prow with a cool kneebar and great compression moves. The very topout was a bit more scary than expected, so it was a relief to stand on the top of the boulder.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Envole-toi Éric 7A(6C+)



I doubted about coming back for the sitstart some other time with Pieter, but ended up trying it anyway. The sistart adds a few very nice moves to get into the stand. Never mind the swearing though.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Envole-toi Éric (assis) 7A+(7A)

No comments:

Post a Comment