Wednesday, December 15, 2021

December 15, 2021 - Clock is ticking.

Despite quite good conditions last Saturday, it rained that night and with the temperature rising slightly, the boulders were all condensed on Sunday. More rain and a high air humidity the days after that, didn't make it much better, especially given the fact that there barely any wind anymore. I again had the day off today, but the conditions were nowhere near those last Wednesday. The boulders were still condensed and I had to let go of my idea to try "Spidercochon (droite)" in Apremont Sanglier. I was already in the area though and as it didn't look it would be better anywhere else, I continued on to the boulder of "Soundgarden" higher up the hill.
The top of the boulder was soaking wet, but the lower part of "Tics Tocs" was only damp. Those slopers can't break, so I decided to work out the lower part. In the worst case, the slippery slopers only would make it a bit harder.
It was a long battle, but as I managed to find a possible method, I dried the soaking wet top slopers with a towel as good as I could. There was no way to dry the crimp on the right, so I decided to go for an exit slightly more to the left and avoid using the crimp. Many times, I slipped off the slopers just before the last move, and I almost decided to give up, but wanted it give it one last good attempt before leaving. It was a big surprise to finally stick the last move but the actual topout being still soaking wet made it quite hazardous  to continue on. Nevertheless I was able to work my way on to the top of the boulder.
Given the very bad conditions, I didn't expect to climb anything today, let alone topping something out, so I was quite relieved and happy to be able to tick off "Tics Tocs".

Fontainebleau - Apremont Sanglier - Tics Tocs 7B(7A+)

No comments:

Post a Comment