Saturday, December 18, 2021

December 18, 2021 - Keep on ticking.

It was only 1°C with a nice blue sky when I left home this morning, but with the temperature predicted to rise during the day, I feared for condensed boulders later in the day. I was early though and the boulders on the South facing hill of Apremont Sanglier were in much better conditions than last Wednesday. I was finally able to work in "Spidercochon (droite)".
It took a while though to find back the method for the exhausting first part, but as soon as I found it again, I took a short break before making real attempts to the end. I came really close and fell off the last move at least five times, but the tiny sharp right hand had cut deep into the tips of my index, middle and ring finger, and I had to let go of it when it started bleeding. Taping them would have made it too hard for the bad slopers of the first part, so that wasn't an option.
A little frustrated, I moved over to the boulder of "Tics Tocs" where I started trying the longer version, "Tic et Tic et Toc". The holds of the first part were wet last Wednesday, just like most of the boulder, so I didn't try that version then.
This time, the boulder was completely dry and a handful of attempts later, I was at least able to tick off "Tic et Tic et Toc".

Fontainebleau - Apremont Sanglier - Tic et Tic et Toc 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment