Sunday, November 28, 2021

November 28, 2021 - In the pocket.

It rained all day yesterday, but this morning it had stopped. It was still wet outside, but there was a strong wind, which was promising. I did some work around the house to give it some time to dry and left home late in the morning. Apparently, there was rain forecasted around Barbizon and Fontainebleau, so I decided to go the nearby quick drying area of 91.1.
Knowing that the overhang of "La Serpe d'Or (assis)" hardly gets wet and that the rest of the boulder dries really quick, I wanted to try that one. The tendon in my right arm gave me some trouble though, so warmed up by doing a sitstart of the orange n°32 problem, "Le Trou d'Or". Being the same hard sitstart of "La Serpe 'd'Or (assis)", I think that this could be around 7A+.
Sitstart with the undercling right hand and a sidepull left hand, reach for the big pocket left hand and exit in 32 Orange. A logical line.

Fontainebleau - 91.1 - Le Trou d'Or (assis droite) 7A+



I couldn't make it through "La Serpe d'Or (assis)", so I ended up moving to the "Le Bowling" boulder of which I managed to the direct version, "Le Bowling (direct)". With all the small pockets in that boulder, it almost looks like a Swiss cheese.

Fontainebleau - 91.1 - Le Bowling (direct) 7A

No comments:

Post a Comment