Friday, September 11, 2020

September 11, 2020 - Slip 'n slide.

 I had taken a day off work today, and was eager and motivated to for a climb. As Barbizon and the surrounding Apremont areas tend to be very crowded during warm late Summer weekends, I took the occasion going there today, on Friday.
It was still quite early when I arrived and there was no-one else in sight. The air still felt a bit humid from the night, but the sun was out and started peaking over the hill and through the trees. That humidity wasn't going to last for much longer.

There were quite some boulders that I had in mind to try, but not long after I started trying "Chasse aux Pervers", my fingertips started sweating. I had bad skin and I knew that it was going to be for the rest of the day. I tried a couple of the other boulders that I had in mind, but gave up pretty quickly after seeing dark smears appearing on the holds, making it all slippery.
I almost gave up on "Für Alina (assis)" also, but in this one, I felt that the hard crux at the start could be done despite my skin condition. It wasn't without a fight and I had to take some good falls, but I knew that it was either giving it all, or going back home with nothing but yet another few projects on the list and having done a nice walk in the forest.
I must admit that my knees were a bit shaky after a good fall at considerable height and trying that move again with again sweaty fingers.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Buvette - Für Alina (assis) 7C(7B+)

No comments:

Post a Comment