Sunday, June 28, 2020

June 28, 2020 - Bancroche?

Some of the boulders that I recently opened in La Charbonnière and the small topo that I made, have been published on bleau.info now, and probably more to come (https://bleau.info/topos/topo1230.html).
This afternoon, I went back to the boulder that was cleaned by David Evrard, and on which he had opened quite some lines and variations, as can be seen in the video on his Vimeo channel (https://vimeo.com/326997026).

It's on boulder 15.

Last time I was there, I had been looking at what David seems to call "Bancroche" in his video, but it looked like it needed some additional cleaning and for some reason that day, I didn't feel like it.
It was obvious that the boulder has seen some climbers since then, because it looked all clean now.

The straight up version of "Bancroche" was pretty hard and required a good fight. One crux at the start and another at the very end.
Very nice problem!

Fontainebleau - La Charbonnière - Bancroche 7B




The right exit went on the first attempt after taking a small break, but that was merely because I did work out the far move to the right before going from the start again. Another great problem!

Fontainebleau - La Charbonnière - Bancroche (droite) 7A+




As far as I'm aware, David didn't grade the problems yet and I'm not even sure about the names, but looking at his video, it does seem like he named it as such. 
As for the grades, these are merely an estimate of what it felt like to me at that moment.
I have no way to reach out to David for confirmation, but just in case he, or someone who knows him personally can get his opinion or a reaction. All the credit goes to David and in the end, it is his call.

*** UPDATE June 29, 2020: "Bancroche" has been opened by Stéphan Denys. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment