Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 21, 2020 - One of the best.

My body started to feel soar yesterday evening from the couple of hard falls that I made when trying "Flanelle" in Franchard Basses Plaines. This morning it felt even worse, but I knew that I had to get the stiffness out of my muscles to make it better, so I went for a short climb in Rocher Cailleau.
I wanted to avoid seeing people and not try anything too hard, so going to the new completely isolated boulder of "Ninjutsu" way East of the main sector was a perfect choice. Opened by David Evrard not long ago, and proposed as 7A, but knowing David's tight grading, it promised to be a hard one.
The boulder is very isolated and quite well hidden, but after closely studying the details of the map with the location of the boulder published on bleau.info and provided by David, it didn't take me long to find it.

The moves under the roof, involving a good toehook, suite me very well, but when looking at the slopers and the mantle, it almost looked impossible. Thanks to the good toehook though, I was able to move quite relaxed on the slopers and preserve all my energy for the very hard mantle. Maybe rather 7A+ ?
Very nice short problem.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Ninjutsu 7A




I thought of De Jerre from time and time and realized that with his gymnastics and free running background, bouldering would have been really something for him.
Just as with gymnastics, he would have gone all the way for it and I'm sure that he would have been one of the best. Because that's what he was, one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment