Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30, 2018 - Back to the 80's!

My youngest son, Noah, performed a little show with school this morning, so I couldn't leave early before it would be too hot.
It was already 29°C when I arrived at "Coup de Pattes" deep in the Coquibus, in the far end of the small area Mare aux Joncs.
I had visited the area once a few years ago, but my remembrance of "Coup de Pattes" being in the shade, was wrong. Probably because it was Winter back then or maybe even plain and simply clouded.
It turned out to be completely in the sun, and so was the nearby "Ghostrider", despite the dense forest.
This left me with the only option, and that was to walk back to the first part of the area, being sure that "Le Jeu de Paume" would be in the shade.
By now, I already had lost quite some sweat, but at least I got treated by some magnificent typical Coquibus style views during the walk. But, oh boy, it was hot!

Not an uncommon view in the forest, but still differently beautiful every time!


Indeed, "Le Jeu de Paume" was in the shade, apart from the easy topout, but I had to be quick before the sun would turn around the boulder.
"Le Jeu de Paume" has some very nice moves with a great slopey pinch from which you have to do quite a hard dyno. Hard in the sense that the movement is quite atypical and requires some coordination.
For me this felt like a straight forward spot on 7A. Very nice problem!

Fontainebleau - Mare aux Joncs - Le Jeu de Paume 7A(6C+)




After that it was simply too hot to climb any longer, I must have had lost maybe two litres of sweat by then. 
Tomorrow will be even more hot!

Watch out, also from tomorrow on, the speed limit on French National roads will be lowered from 90 to 80, but only on those roads where there is no physical separator between the two directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment