Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 02, 2018 - Like a hurricane.

I was the first to arrive at Rocher Fin this morning, but then again, it was only 9h30.
Yesterday evening while browsing bleau.info for some inspiration, I was drawn to "Le Parfum des Couleurs" in Rocher Fin, and I definitely wanted to try it first thing in the morning.

The boulder felt damp at first, but after a couple of tries, the friction started to come back ... sort of.
I worked my way through the roof quite fast, but always got struck by the far crux move to a bad sloper. It's only still further that it becomes a kind of hold. Still slopey though!
I fell off it many times and lost quite a bit of skin on it, but then, after changing the position of my left heelhook, I pushed through and whirled up like a hurricane.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Fin - Le Parfum des Couleurs 7C




After a short rest, I spent over an hour in "Bull Dog (assis)", losing even more skin and a substantial amount of energy, but always fell off that last hard move.
I decided to come back for it another day ... again ... and walked to the area of Le 111, where I hoped to find the relatively new and nice looking boulder of "Aloha".
The description of where to find the isolated boulder is so vague, however, that I spent even more energy looking for it through a dense forest where I couldn't even see more than ten meters far.
Some more details about the exact location of this boulder are very welcome.

On my very long way back, I made a small detour to spend the last bit of energy I still had left, in "Hurrican". A 7A that I had tried already a few times, but never found my way through it.
After watching a video of Jean-Pierre (Roudneff), with terrible music by the way, I realised that I was doing it completely wrong.
I wasn't able to use Jean-Pierre's method completely, but he had given me some ideas and I topped it out. Not like a glove though. This felt hard for 7A in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Grande Montagne - Hurrican 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment