Sunday, July 1, 2018

July 01, 2018 - Perfect conditions.

After a hot night where temperature didn't go below 20°C, I left early to the Coquibus, hoping that the temperature wouldn't rise that fast in the dense forest.
My idea to try the crux move of "Djembé" in Côtes de Courances at 8h in the morning wasn't the best one, because I immediately felt that I was not going to get that bidoigt pocket while feeling still so stiff.
The motivation was there, but I wisely moved on to Montrouget to try "Grottesque" instead, knowing that it is facing North-West. One of the reasons why I never found the holds under the cave in dry condition.
I tried "Grottesque" nearly every time I visited the small area, but by the time it started to become difficult, my fingers felt as slippery as after eating a salami barehanded in hot weather.

It might sound strange, but this morning at 9h15 with already 27°C, the conditions in the cave were near perfect. Those for the crux moves coming up the wall were not though.
I took a couple of hard falls, but finally, at 9h45 and 28°C in the shade, topped it out.

Fontainebleau - Montrouget - Grottesque 7A+




By the time I arrived back at the car, it was already 30°C and the worst was still to come.
Perfect conditions for staying inside, do some cleaning and take a refreshing dip in the river in Grez-sur-Loing afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment