Sunday, June 3, 2018

June 03, 2018 - Pad decision.

Again, it was still early in the morning when I arrived at Restant du Long Rocher. I wanted to climb before the predicted heat would set in.
Already at 9h in the morning, it was already feeling to hot to stay in the direct sun, so I looked for some shade.
I felt tired after yesterday but still had set "U751" as my main goal for today.

"U751" was lying nicely in the shade, and soon after I figured out what to do, I sent the problem, which might be on the soft side for 7B, but still very nice.

Fontainebleau - Restant du Long Rocher - U751 7B




Meanwhile, the sun came peaking between the trees and had started to warm up the boulder.
Via a small detour, I walked back down the valley leading to "La Boullasse".
This boulder protected from the sun by dense trees and the problem itself is directed North, so it's perfect for a hot day like today.

The landing is quite exposed and I had to make a difficult choice where to put the crashpad.
For some reason, I decided at the moment to move the crashpad anyway, a decision that turned out to be one that saved me from a potentially bad injury.

A beautiful problem with a very hard, and special topout.

Fontainebleau - Restant du Long Rocher - La Boullasse 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment