Monday, September 4, 2017

September 04, 2017 - A round of applause.

Due to having to spend the weekend in Belgium, I wasn't able to climb, but it was a good opportunity to let my back recover a bit.

One of my sisters, Manon, and her boyfriend, Elias, are visiting on their way back from vacation, and I took them to "Bloc.fr" after dinner.
I had tried "Bloc.fr" once about a year and a half ago, but couldn't even do the first move on it and had somewhat forgotten about it.
Recently though, I saw a video of Thierry (Hardy) climbing it and it had drawn my interest again.

Manon and Elias don't climb (yet), but they wanted to see me climbing.
I warned them that probably I won't even top out anything during this mere half an hour of climbing and that chances even are that I won't even be able to do the first move.
Big was my surprise though when I suddenly stood on top of the boulder on my third or fourth try.

Great line! Quite physical moves at the start.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hautes Plaines - Bloc.fr 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment