Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 31, 2017 - Testing, one, two.

Exactly two weeks ago today, I hurt my back really bad when doing the first move of "Misfits (direct)" in Roche au Four.
Even though I had done the first moves quite a few times already and even fell off the last move, it hadn't given me any real issues with my back until that time.
It hurt so bad that I had trouble walking back to the car and it took me at least ten minutes before I was able to sit down in it.

With the constant positive progress of the state of my back for some days in a row now, I couldn't resist and go back to try "Misfits (direct)" and put it to the test.
I knew it was risky, but I was confident that I wouldn't take it too far.

My first try was a careful one just to test how far I would be able to reach with my right hand.
It did still hurt too much, as did the far move to the bad sloper on the right near the top, but after testing some other methods, I found the one that hurt the least.
With each try, my back hurt less and less and when I topped out, I barely could feel a thing besides happiness thanks to standing there without pain.
Test passed if you ask me!

Fontainebleau - Roche au Four - Misfits (direct) 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment