Friday, September 8, 2017

September 08, 2017 - Horse on speed.

I had to be home at 18h this evening after work and as they announce rain for this evening and tomorrow, I definitely wanted to climb something on the way and thought of something that was on my trajectory. Close to the parking and most likely doable in a short amount of time.

Even though I had done "Crazy Horse" in Apremont Ouest already in 2011, it was one of the first boulders that came into my mind that fulfilled the above listed criteria and I didn't have it on video yet.
I felt quite convinced that I would be able to repeat it relatively fast, as long as it didn't start to rain.
The sky looked grey and I had seen some wet streets here and there on my way.
Luckily there was quite some wind too.

Like a horse on speed, I walked as fast as I could up the hill, didn't take the time to catch my breath and immediately started trying "Crazy Horse".
I didn't take any breaks in between the few tries I needed to repeat the problem, which is not one of the harder 7B's in the forest.
Straight away, I packed and again like a horse on speed I walked as fast as I could back to the car.
All in all, I had spent exactly nine minutes at the boulder.
If someone would have been watching me that whole time, he or she must have thought that I'm crazy.
But after all, a horse on speed must be a crazy horse!

Fontainebleau - Apremont Ouest - Crazy Horse 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment