Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 07, 2016 - A longer wire.

This evening after work I went back to J.A. Martin to do the 7A version of "Sur le Fil".
It starts more to the left on the corner, just left of 6 Orange.

Starting there and traversing first through the slab doesn't add much difficulty.
The most difficult part remains the dynamic move to the jug. Doing that move however after having done that longer part is what adds some to the grade.

Still soft 7A as far as I'm concerned.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Sur le Fil (prolongé) 7A


I then took 5 minutes time to try the "retour-aller" version but that's a totally different story. It's supposed to be 7A+, but I couldn't move a meter.

It's amazing actually, how an exact same line can become a totally different problem when going in the opposite direction.

Normally I would never go back for a "retour-aller" traverse, but this one got my attention.
To be continued ... some day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment