Tuesday, September 13, 2022

September 13, 2022 - One for myself, or two.

As it's my birthday today, I wanted to get a present for myself and went to the S'Cape climbing shop in Fontainebleau for a new pair of climbing shoes. I actually simply needed new climbing shoes for a while already, but today felt like a good occasion, using the excuse to buy something for myself. Being nearby, I decided to go for a climb in Roche d'Hercule afterwards.
I was almost convinced that I had already done "Rince-Mi", but I must have been dreaming because it wasn't on my ticklist. Anyway, it was a good excuse to climb a bit in the beautiful and popular low roof.
"Rince-Mi" only took two attempts and was a good warmup for trying the longer version next.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - Rince-Mi 7A(7A+)



I took the time to work out the first part of "Rince-Mi (rallongé)". There are many pockets in this roof, some bad, some better, so it's easy to make mistakes and start off doing a wrong sequence to arrive comfortably at the end. As soon as I had figured out the method and had the moves dialed, I kept messing up at the very end, making me feel more pumped after each attempt. 
It was a grey sky, but it was very warm, and it felt like there was a lot of pressure in the air, making me sweat a lot, which didn't quite help with the recovery process between attempts. After a longer rest and slightly changing method at the end, I finally made my way to the top. They didn't have to ask me to do that again.

Fontainebleau - Roche d'Hercule - Rince-Mi (rallongé) 7B

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday and congrats on the new shoes 😄 like the closeup part better. But i was worried when you pulled yourself up in that hole with one finger you would fall and loose a finger.. but i guess you can try 9 times more if that would happen 😁

    ReplyDelete