Thursday, September 1, 2022

September 01, 2022 - A Sacred half an hour.

Yesterday evening when I was doing some work in the garden, I was moving some logwood and was very spooked when I almost grabbed quite a big snake. At first, I thought it was a poisonous viper, but after doing some research, I'm quite sure that it was a harmless 'Couleuvre à Collier', apparently easily and quite commonly mistaken with a viper. Some minor details make me believe however that it wasn't a viper, but rather the 'Couleuvre à Collier'. If someone with more knowledge could confirm that, it will be appreciated.
I left it where it was, but it was suddenly gone not much later.

Gave me a good scare!

This evening, while doing yet some more work in the garden, I suddenly felt the urge to go for a climb after dinner, and that's exactly what I did.
I went to Châteauveau with the intention of trying "Le Sacre du Printemps (gauche)". Along with its longer version, the only lines that I still had to do on this isolated beautiful boulder.
I quickly worked out the crux but still needed three attempts from the start to actually finish it off. All in all, it was only half an hour of actual climbing, but it felt Sacred.
I deliberately left the slightly longer version for another time. It will be a good excuse to go back there on another evening, probably quite soon.

Fontainebleau - Châteauveau - Le Sacre du Printemps (gauche) 7B

No comments:

Post a Comment