Sunday, September 26, 2021

September 26, 2021 - Hunting season.

I can almost see my house from the area of Oncy-sur-Ecole Sud, so it almost felt like being in lockdown again when I arrived at "La Déroule". A very small and quiet area of which some of the boulders can be seen on the left side of the road when driving through a piece of forest from Tousson towards Milly-la-Forêt.
It only took about fifteen minutes to unpack and climb "La Déroule", but I stuck around for a while to enjoy the beautiful wild scenery while listening to nearby wildlife that clearly sounded like boars. I forgot that we are already Autumn though, which means the start of the hunting season. The boulders are in the middle of hunting grounds, so I quickly gave up on my plan to walk back through the dense forest when I heard a couple of shots being fired not far away, pretty close even. I think it was not unwise to go back using the road instead.

Fontainebleau - Oncy-sur-Ecole Sud - La Déroule 7A

1 comment: