Saturday, September 11, 2021

September 11, 2021 - French pie.

"Love les Tartes" in Rocher de la Cathédrale had been on my want-list for at least five years already, but the few times that I took or had the occasion to try it, I was either too weak or the conditions weren't good enough.
Good conditions are key on this steep overhanging prow, where nearly every move slaps onto a sloper. That's why I didn't feel very confident when I was walking with two crashpads towards the boulder. It had rained yesterday evening, and the boulders that I passed looked humid. 
I was almost in despair when I arrived at the boulder and saw water dripping off the left side of the prow. Upon closer inspection though, it turned out that I was very lucky, the spots that were used for the hands were dry.
The slopers did need some attempts before the friction was there, and a little hour later, Pieter arrived just in time to see me topping out this beautiful steep overhanging prow. Gotta love those "tartes"!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de la Cathédrale - Love les Tartes 7B(7B+)

No comments:

Post a Comment