Friday, September 24, 2021

September 23, 2021 - Looking for mood.

It was a very busy work week and as I was having a bad tooth pain for three days in a row already, giving me a headache on top of it, I wasn't in a very good mood. As a form of therapy, I took the afternoon off today and went to the quiet area of Apremont Vallon de la Solitude. I knew that solitude in the forest and some climbing would make it better.
I walked straight towards "Bulhead", opened some years ago by good Belgian friend Jan (Gorrebeeck). I had tried it once a few years ago, but the conditions were not in favor for this problem that only consists of bad slopers from start to the very end. Still having tooth pain and a headache, I didn't have much expectations, but being out there on my own, trying a nice boulder made me soon forget about the pain up to the point that it was all gone for the time that I was climbing. The adrenalin and endorphins that were flowing through my veins were the best natural pain killers.
I spent about an hour an a half trying only "Bullhead" and managed to struggle my way onto the top in the end. I was exhausted and out of breath, but feeling relieved.
By the time I got back into the car, the tooth pain and headache were back again, so I called the dentist first thing when I arrived back home. Unfortunately I can only go see her on Tuesday morning. Another couple of heavy days to come, trying to find a good mood.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Vallon de la Solitude - Bullhead 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment