Saturday, May 29, 2021

May 29, 2021 - Using the flow.

I went back to the beautiful, but still sort of secret, boulder of "Kong" for the fifth time this morning and had already done a multiplication of that number attempts on it, but never got to the end when coming from the start. I knew though that it was just a matter of feeling fresh enough and not let myself being carried away by pressure, so I took a slightly different approach. I took my time and rested well between attempts.
I worked out the sequence again and sensed a flow, but I started feeling a slight pressure or so called 'sending stress' when I knew that I was getting close again. This time though, I didn't let that feeling take over and calmed myself down while resting between attempts.
After some time, I said to myself to give it another try or two before taking a longer rest. Funny enough, it was at that moment that I sat down for the start, literally told myself  to "go with the flow", which I did without feeling any pressure and surprised myself that I passed the crux, made the next move and couldn't resist shouting out my joy when I made to the top. It was a while ago that I felt so relieved after climbing a problem. Beautiful boulder!

First done by Maxime Baroud and proposed as 7C+, but apparently most of the few repeaters on 8a.nu grade it 8A. I'ld rather stick with 7C+, thanks to the flow.
Thanks again to Jean-Hervé Baudot for letting me (and probably others) use the many of his crashpads that were still stacked underneath the boulder. It was a funny coincidence to meet him there again and share some of my joy with him.
Next time, I'll start trying "King".

Fontainebleau - Boissy aux Cailles - Kong 7C+(8A)





The beautiful surroundings of Boissy aux Cailles, almost magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment