Thursday, May 20, 2021

May 20, 2021 - False sense of freedom.

We have been given another false sense of freedom yesterday in the form of the curfew starting at 21h (9 pm) instead of 19h (7 pm). Does that make us more free ? Not at all, I would say. Even though less strict, restrictions are still there and the more I think of them, the more angry I become. The more I think of those who are imposing these restrictions, the more I want to spit in their faces. Nobody should be allowed to tell us where and when we may stand. The world is ours, it doesn't belong to a handful of politicians. Public property is ours, it's what our taxes are paying for and it belongs to the public.
I would like to write a lot more about how I feel in this situation that has been going on for over a year, but will keep it to myself as it might hurt some people's feelings, unwillingly. All I will say is that my opinion isn't always in line with the mainstream narrative. To be clear, that doesn't mean that I reject everything that is being said, it rather means that I don't automatically believe everything that is being propagated by mainstream media. It's not because they say it on TV or the radio that I automatically accept it as true. That doesn't make me a conspiracy theorist, but rather a healthy critical thinker who will not sleep less if I'm hated for it.
Enough of that rant now, even though I sometimes would like to go on for hours, I suck at expressing myself in a way that would be deemed correct to others.

I did enjoy my renewed false sense of freedom this evening by going out to the forest for a short climb, all alone, but still expected to be home by 21h, which I was by the way.
Despite the heavy rain during the past days, it did dry quickly and the friction on "Esthétique" in Rocher Cailleau almost couldn't have been better. Beautiful prow, beautiful problem!

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Esthétique 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment