Thursday, May 21, 2020

May 21, 2020 - Not quite the freeze.

It was announced to be very warm today, with temperatures tickling the 30°C. Considering the huge crowds that made it to the forest last weekend and the fact that today is the first day of an elongated weekend, it promised to be very busy again.
Trying to avoid the peak, I left early to Rocher du Guetteur, where I worked in "Mister Freeze" last week. I could do all the moves, but couldn't hold the swing of the dyno when coming from the start. Due to lack of skin and power left in me, I had to leave it behind, but with the intention to come back and finish it very soon; as in today.

It was 9h30 when I arrived packed with two crashpads on the top of the hill of Rocher du Guetteur, and I was amazed by the huge numbers of people that were already on the red '25 Bosses' path that passes right next to "Mister Freeze".
Last week, I was a bit surprised by the swing after the dyno, and landed beyond the crashpad a few times. An extra crashpad was not an unnecessary luxury. It definitely made me feel more at ease and climb more focused on the actual moves.
It was already starting to get hot up there, and the amount of people walking by grew by the minute, so I was glad to top "Mister Freeze" quite quickly and move to more silent grounds.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Guetteur - Mister Freeze 7C


The way back home was zig-zag'ing between cars that were parked everywhere. The number of visitors in one day must have broken some record. I had never seen anything like that; it was worse than the busiest Easter weekend that I can remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment